Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

A few thoughts by Deepak Chopra

Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Conscious change is brought about by the two qualities inherent in consciousness: attention and intention. Attention energizes, and intention transforms. Whatever you put your attention on will grow stronger in your life. Whatever you take your attention away from will wither, disintegrate, and disappear. Intention, on the other hand, triggers transformation of energy and information. Intention organizes its own fulfillment.

"Intention is the real power behind desire. Intent alone is very powerful, because intent is desire without attachment to the outcome. Desire alone is weak, because desire in most people is attention with attachment.

"Intention combined with detachment leads to life-centered, present-moment awareness. And when action is performed in present-moment awareness, it is most effective. Your intent is for the future, but your attention is in the present. As long as your attention is in the present, then your intent for the future will manifest, because the future is created in the present.

"You must accept the present as it is. Accept the present and intend the future. The future is something you can always create through detached intention, but you should never struggle against the present."


from The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
by Deepak Chopra



-oOo-

So, my questions today are these:
  • Where is your attention?
  • Most of the time what is it that has your attention?
  • What is your intention?
  • As you go about your tasks in the present moment, what is it that you are intending for your future?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, here goes:

My attention seems to be pretty much focused on blogging and well... more blogging.

My intention is ... hmmm... good question. My intention is usually to just to get X Y and Z accomplished, or done.

As I go about my tasks - mostly I'm just intending to get them done.

Sooo.... sounds like:

I am focusing on working on blogging and the blogging is growing into more and more blogging. I am intending to accomplish something... and I am accomplishing some things... mostly blogging things.

Maybe I need to reset my intention and refocus my attention to include ART and FUN and STUFF LIKE THAT!

Come on guys... do this exercise. I learned something when I did it, something that I wouldn't have learned if I had just read the post and moved on to... more blogging!

Related Posts with Thumbnails