Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Still wrapping things up.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thank you for being patient while I work on getting the Ho'oponopono project finished up. As soon as the project summary is complete and posted, I'll be working on the framework for our next project. I am hoping to get us started on Friday, March 21.

It has been suggested that for our upcoming project, we investigate the concept of giving. This idea really resonates with me, as I tend to take in more than I give out, bite off more than I can chew, cling to my money to the point of keeping my checks "safe" in my purse instead of deposited in the bank. Tithing is mentioned in almost every religious tradition, Oprah is doing "The Big Give," and so the subject also seems timely and relevant.

"Our Big Give" is still in it's formative stages and your suggestions and your input is greatly appreciated. What would you want to call this particular project? Are there specifics you'd like to see covered? What is most helpful to you? Meditations? Tasks? Questions? Stories? Talk to me guys!

2 comments:

dawnofarabia said...

I love the idea of using "giving" as our next project topic. There are so many things that can fall into that magic word. I instantly thought of how important it is to open ourselves up to the giving of others, not just to giving ourselves. Also coming to mind: random acts of kindness, careers that give back, charity, giving encouragement, pay it forward, How much is too much- when can giving become hurtful to ourselves and others? There are so many ways to go with this. I personally am learning alot about giving because of the Reiki course I just took. It's an amazing feeling to be able to offer healing to myself and someone els. OH, and that brings up the point of learning to give to ourselves- time, pampering, advise, guidance.
Zukat(charitable heart/intentions) is one of the five pillars of Islam, but I think sometimes, people forget that the charity is not in the act, but in the intention. An important-crucial point!
I hope some of these ideas helped! Can't wait for the new project to begin.

Shirley Twofeathers said...

This is a big help. Thanks Dawn. I also got some good input from Cindy via email. And I think our next project will be a good one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails