Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

How would your life change?

Saturday, January 09, 2010

How would your life change if you were able to actually succeed in being all that you wanted to be... if your life really was as grand and as interesting as an epic fantasy movie?


Interestingly, I find that I'm afraid of what my life might be like. I might have to take risks! I might have to be willing to stand my ground no matter what the cost! I might have responsibilities! I might even have to face the world head on with my heart wide open!

How much easier, and safer it is to wallow in the mess I have made of things thus far, never extending myself past my limits, constantly wiffle-waffling and vascillating, making only those decisions that have been carefully designed to keep me securely emmeshed in the way things are...

And from this safe vantage point, I can pine and moan about how I wish for this and long for that... while at the same time never moving so far out of my box that I couldn't turn around and jump right back in.

So... What's to be done? I think at some point, you have to jump into the deep end of the pool. At some point, the training wheels have to come off the bicycle. There comes a time in life where, hell or high water, you have to shake things up.

And what does that mean, "shake things up," what does that look like in my today world? Is there a commitment that needs to be made? A phone call? An appointment? Does it require the moving of furniture? Bloodletting? Do I need to cut my hair? Move? Should I set myself on fire?

Ok... "no" to the blood and fire, but I'm sure there is some irretrievable step that I could be taking...

And what about you? How would your life change? And would you welcome those changes with open arms? Are you willing to shake things up? Is it time to step out of your comfort zone? Come out of your box?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails