Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Why is it harder for some of us?

Monday, January 11, 2010



I don't know why I'm finding it so hard to just strike out and DO something to really claim my inner Aragorn! Or to find my "great work."  Am I expecting too much too soon? Am I avoiding something obvious? Are you having as much trouble as I am when it comes to figuring out how to bring this larger than life character, or archetype into reality?

So this is what I was thinking about when, the Master of the Universe sent me to a web page with this article:

Some things are easier for some people and harder for others in all areas of life. Why?

Huna philosophy says that the world is what you think it is, there are no limits, energy flows where attention goes, now is the moment of power, and effectiveness is the measure of truth.


In this context, the answer to the question is that it has to do with what you believe about yourself and about life. Right now you are manifesting everything in your life quite automatically without any apparent effort. When you have no blocks about a particular thing, the slightest thought can bring it into your experience. People who seem unusually lucky in certain areas simply have no fears or doubts to get in the way in those areas. So they can decide on something related to those areas and have it happen with ease.


It is when you want to change a long-standing conditions in your life in a conscious way that you often have to apply so much time and energy in manifesting the change. This is because you must also change the beliefs that brought you to your present condition. When changes seem to occur on their own, it is because you haven't noticed a more gradual change in beliefs that has been taking place on a "subconscious" level.


You manifest your own reality. But it is the total "you" that does this, not the conscious mind alone. To put it accurately, your Higher Self creates your reality according to the beliefs you have established in your Ku. And those beliefs are established by concentrated attention and repetition by your Lono.


To change your experience, you must change yourself. The rule of life is that you get what you concentrate on. Just be sure you know exactly what it is that you are concentrating on. Many think they are concentrating on having health, wealth, love, success, or spirituality, when they are really concentrating on the lack of it. Manifesting something very different in your life will depend on the strength of your motivation, the persistence of your concentration on what you want instead of what you don't want, and the degree of confidence you have that the Universe will help you get the best possible outcome according to these factors.


~Serge Kahili King

Did you find that helpful? I did. But then, I could feel myself slinking away, leaving it in the realm of "something I read," "something I agree with," and "something I could talk about here." And as I was watching that moment of action slip away, I clicked on another link on the website and found this! It's called the Menehune Lagoon, one of those online oracle type things. So, I asked the question, what is the first step I could take in my quest to become Aragorn. Here's what I got!

WELA KA HAO!



Strike while the iron is hot!
Don't hesitate. Do it now.
It's time for action, rather than thinking.
Take advantage of the opportunities in front of you.

Ever the doubter, always a procrastinator, I then asked "But how do I know what those opportunities are?" And this was my answer:

'IKE NO I KA LA O KA 'IKE, MANA NO I KA LA O KA MANA




There is a time for knowledge and a time for power
When you don't know what to do, ask for higher help.
It's time to put your knowledge into practice.
If you don't have all the answers, trust yourself and do it anyway.

Looks like I'd better get started and do something right now! I'm thinking I'll start by turning off my computer. Then, I think I'll turn on some music and get some energy moving in this house!

2 comments:

sanehat said...

Okay it told me to stop criticizing myself. To speak kindly of myself and to myself. I am pondering this. I have also been mulling over somethiing Starhawks says in Truth or Dare about how we all have worth, intrinsic worth that we don't have to earn or work for it just is. I have been wondering if I truely believe this and how many of us do. I know I'd agree with the statement but do I truely believe it about myself? I am not sure.

Shirley Twofeathers said...

I love it when someone tells me that I have intrinsic worth... that I don't have to work for it, or deserve it, or earn it, or anything... I love it really alot because I really wish it was true!

I know it's true for you...
But for me???
Not so sure. Not really. In my head, yes... my gut? Well... probably not.

Related Posts with Thumbnails